Pi3k inhibitor , pi3k inhibitors , akt inhibitor , p13k inhibitor
Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors come in the class of medicine that help in treating various mental disorders and conditions like – anxiety, depression, obsessive compulsive disorder, panic disorder and phobias like agoraphobia and social phobia. These medicines increase the uptake of serotonin in the blood because of which you get a feeling of wellness. Serotonin is a hormone that gives you a feeling of happiness and satisfaction.
How do Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors work in my body?
People who suffer from anxiety, depression and other such disorders have a hormonal condition in which their body does not release serotonin in normal quantities in the blood stream. This is the as to why these people constantly suffer from a feeling of sadness, fear, panic etc. Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors help in increasing this hormone in the blood stream by blocking serotonin inhibitors. Although many people undergo psychological treatments along with taking this medicine as taking SSRI’s for a lifetime can be impractical and damaging.
Side effects of Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors
Lifetime use of Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor can be injurious to health as it has many side effects. Common side effects of this medicine include: -
- You tend to feel sick.
- Your sex drive decreases and it gets difficult to achieve orgasm.
- Men can also have difficulty in erection.
- You tend to get a blurred vision.
- People below the age of 25 tend to get suicidal thoughts when they start taking this medicine. If
- you tend to get these thought while taking anti depressants then you should immediately consult your doctor.
Most of these side effects are likely to improve after some time. Most of these side effects are temporary and your doctor can easily take care of these effects. Your doctor helps you to live a normal life without taking serotonin reuptake inhibitors
What to expect when taking serotonin reuptake inhibitors?
Your doctor will prescribe you the lowest possible dosage of SSRI’s in the beginning to reduce risk of harmful side effects. Your doctor shall decide when and how to increase your dosage. When you start taking Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors then it’s possible that they don’t show their result immediately. It is also possible that they start showing an opposite effect to what they were supposed to but all these symptoms are normal. It can take 3 -4 months for this medicine to show its actual results. Doctor’s will advise you to continue taking these SSRI’s depending upon your medical history. When you start improving then don’t decide for yourself and stop taking these medicines as you can experience harmful effects. Your doctor will immediately start to reduce your dosage when the correct time comes.
Some precautions that you should take while taking serotonin reuptake inhibitors
- You should not drink alcohol while you are on this medication.
- Sometimes pain killers and other over the counter medicines can cause a harmful reaction in the body. Always consult your doctor before taking any other medicine along with serotonin reuptake inhibitors.
- This medicine might not be suited to people with certain medical conditions like glaucoma and kidney problems.
This guide will surely help you to decide whether or not to continue or take serotonin reuptake inhibitors.